Thursday, 14 April 2011

The Waterslide

I was as cold as a block of ice. I could hear the wind whistling through the bush, the sun was shining brightly through the white clouds that kept blocking out the sun rays. The ladder loomed over me as the queue moved forward. I looked up, Tiffany was waving her hand it was my turn… I calmly climbed up the leaning ladder, the steps were cold and muddy.

I finally got to the top of the enormous water slide. I leaned forward and peered down the blue, watery, endless, slide. I clung on tightly and whispered “I don’t want to go” but I urged my self on. I sat down slowly, the cold tap water turned my legs to stone. Then Tiffany gave me I giant push I thought I was going to die.

SPLASH!!! I landed on what felt like hard rock, I tried to swim to the surface, I could feel the silky lake weed wrapping around my feet, I swam to the rubber ring and gradually got pulled to the ladder, at last I could stand!!!

I climbed up the ladder and hurried up the path and joined the queue, ”how was it” asked Matthew “I have got to admit that was totally awesome” I shouted.

When I went down the water slide, I, thought I was going to drown or worst even die.

No comments: